Morocco Yoga Retreat
12th – 19th November 2016
We’re going to Morocco!! I’ve been dreaming about this yoga retreat since I first began teaching and now it’s here. I can’t wait to take you back to one of the most incredible places I’ve ever been…
Think hot sand, turquoise ocean, sunset yoga, warm water waves, nourishing food, total relaxation and great fun in our very own private beach front private villa. Bliss!
We’ll have 8 amazing days filled with:
- Yoga! Morning and evening. Dynamic flow sequences to uplift & glow, calming yin to unwind and open, guided meditation for calm and clarity plus restorative & yoga nidra for deep rest & relaxation. Gorgeous 🙂
- Relaxing poolside! Read a book…gaze out to sea…take a refreshing dip in the OCEAN FRONT pool…repeat.
- Healthy eating! We’ll have 3 fresh, delicious and nutritious meals every day full of nourishing local produce.
- Surfing! Whether its catching your first ever wave or an epic barrel they’ll be plenty of opportunity to have fun in the water.
- Adventure! Beach walks, souk shopping, a trip to the hammam (spa), horse riding.
- 12th – 19th November 2016
Simply email email@example.com to book your place now.
Our sensational private villa is located on Banana beach in Tamraght. You’ll fall in love with the sea views of Banana Point, a fantastic surf break.
Bougainvillea flowers provide colourful shade for the front terrace and dining area and there is plenty of space for sunbathing and lazing by the ocean front swimming pool.
The spacious and cosy lounge areas dappled in sunlight and ocean views, beach front pool and sweeping sun terraces, create the perfect haven of indulgence and tranquility.
The 9 beautiful bedrooms are authentically decorated, sprinkled with trinkets and individually themed. Each room is completely exquisitely unique.
See the full details of all the rooms and prices here:
Looking out over the Atlantic Ocean, yoga classes are held in the shade of the wooden roof top yoga shala. With wooden floorboards and surrounding glass sliding doors, the shala is an open airy space blessed with the first rays at sunrise and the last magical light at sunset. An inspiring and unforgettable space; perfect for yoga and meditation.
You will be given yoga mats, bricks, straps, bolsters,blankets and even lavender eye bags. So leave our mat at home and let us take care of you completely.
Classes will be taught by Shine Yoga founder Jennifer Austin and will include meditation and pranayama (breathing exercises), workshop style sessions breaking down challenging postures, Yoga Nidra (yogic sleep relaxation), partner work, Vinyasa Flow, Hatha, Yin and Restorative styles. Classes are suitable for all levels and are fun and accessible.
Indulge in delicious, nutritious, vegetarian dishes from the finest and freshest local produce. From your morning super smoothie to your evening dessert of avocado chocolate tart you’ll be astounded by the beautiful dishes created by the talented local chefs.
All meals are included except Thursday evening when we will all head out to a local restaurant.
See the full details of all the rooms and prices here:
A £250 deposit is required on booking, the balance is due before before 17th September 2016 for November retreat.
To book simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7 nights accommodation in the enchanting retreat villa
- 12 uplifting, energising and relaxing yoga classes
- 3 delicious wholesome meals a day provided by private chefs (except Thursday)
- Daily home-baked treats & unlimited fresh fruit, teas and coffee
- Exclusive use of the villa, roof top yoga shala & swimming pool
- Daily cleaner service
- Return Agadir airport transfers (transfers from Marrakech incur an extra cost)
What’s not included:
- Your flights
- Additional activities like surfing and surf equipment.
- Travel insurance
- Dinner on Thursday evening
There are many wonderful trips and experiences local to the villa. Alternatively you can lie beside the pool and totally relax. It’s completely up to you. All additional trips are optional extras, not included in the cost of the retreat, but can be easily arranged during your stay.
Surfing You can book a one week surfing course, which includes: comprehensive and fun daily surf lessons with fully qualified and experienced instructors, all board and wetsuit hire, transport to and from the beaches and surf guiding. Surfing on a day-to-day basis is also available as is equipment hire.
Divine Treats A hammam (Moroccan steam bath), a rejuvenating indulgence to deeply relax, traditionally followed by a gommage, an exfoliating massage-scrub, a body mask and then a full body massage. Unwind with this heavenly afternoon treat.
Paradise Valley Local guides can drive you inland into beautiful Paradise Valley. Explore its’ streams, waterfalls and pools, take a picnic, walk, swim and relax.
Essaouira This lively and artistic town makes for a popular mid week break, an ideal place for shopping, eating and experiencing a bit more of magical Morocco. Transport for the day.
Horse riding, quad biking, jet skis…. We can arrange for you to take-in this dramatic coastal and hillside region on a quad bike, jet ski or on horseback. Excellent horses and guides are available to suit all abilities. Horses can even pick you up from our front door!
- 0730 – 0930 Dynamic, invigorating morning yoga class.
- 1000 – 1100 Big nourishing breakfast.
- 1130 – 1600 Surfing, beach time & other activities
- 1700 – 1830 Sunset, restorative, relaxing & meditative yoga
- 1900 – 2030 Delicious vegetarian dinner.
The retreat is based 10 minutes walk from Banana Village (Aourir), and 5km south of Taghazout, a colourful characteristic fishing village, famous for its great surf and laid back, friendly atmosphere. We are 20km north of Agadir and 45km from Agadir’s international airport. The artistic port town of Essaouira is just over 2hrs north and the buzzing city of Marrakech is 3 1/2 hrs inland.
The nearest airport is Agadir. With respect to flights, we always find the skyscanner webpages to be very helpful. The following airlines serve Agadir airport from the UK: Easyjet BA Thomson Royal Air Maroc.