Yoga Retreat France
4th – 11th June 2016
A beautiful, life-affirming & fun yoga retreat to relax & inspire you.
Recharge in a breathtakingly beautiful location with daily yoga, incredible food, wonderful new friends and a lot of sunshine. You’ll love the 7 blissful days of total relaxation and rejuvenation in South West France. This very special yoga retreat only happens once a year! Don’t miss your chance to experience it.
What we believe in
At Shine Yoga our retreats are designed to remind you how wonderful you are, they reconnect you with what you love, they fill you with energy and they celebrate your beautiful and totally unique self.
We do what we do because we know travel is transformative and reawakens your sense of wonder, and because yoga has the power to inspire, empower and make you feel amazing.
Most importantly, we do what we do, because you are awesome and deserve to start living the life of your dreams, exploring the world, loving yourself and shining your brightest.
This is the perfect retreat for you if…
- You adore travelling to beautiful places, yearn for new experiences and love life!
- You’re looking for a break filled with sunshine, adventure, great food and fun.
- You want to meet like minded people who share your passion and enthusiasm for life.
- You’re so busy it’s time to slow down, relax completely, recharge and reconnect with what’s important to you.
- You’d like to advance, begin or reinvigorate your yoga practice in a supportive environment with a small group and a highly experienced, friendly yoga teacher.
- You want to have a fabulously healthy and nourishing week
- AND you also want to have fun in a laid back atmosphere where you can eat a croissant and have a glass of wine.
- Your time is precious. You want to go somewhere beautiful, hot and different but you don’t want to travel for days. A short plane or train ride is perfect!
- You’re looking for a yoga retreat that you’ll leave totally energised, uplifted and feeling really good about yourself.
If you’re thinking ‘Wow, that sounds exactly like me!!’ this is definitely the retreat for you. I look forward to your email to me at email@example.com and to seeing you in June. We are going to have the best week…
8 reasons this yoga retreat is extra special…
- 10 energising and relaxing yoga classes in our private yoga studio or outdoors immersed in nature.
- Our beautiful, lovingly restored, 18th century French farmhouse, simply and serenely decorated with spacious, light and bright ensuite bedrooms. Outside discover our own luxury swimming pool, sun terraces and an idyllic garden.
- A nourishing & delicious vegetarian brunch and two course dinner daily. Feast on fresh and healthy local produce, plus sample the gourmet delights of French food (croissants, fresh bread, cheese, patisserie) and try the world famous local wine.
- A fabulous evening out at a local restaurant to sample more of the local food, practice our French and laugh a lot. I’m already looking forward to this special evening!
- The picturesque town of Duras in walking distance. Visit the opulent chateau, the traditional market, the quaint little boutiques or simply sip a coffee on the terrace of one of the cafes.
- Wonderful walks, from short strolls to adventurous hikes – step out the door and ramble the countryside to your hearts content.
- Awesome natural beauty. Our own extensive gardens, meadows and an orchard as well as a beautiful lake to explore. You’ll never want to leave!
- A maximum group size of 14 so classes are tailored exactly to you and you’ll have plenty of attention in class.
What will the yoga classes be like?
We’ll start the day with a vibrant vinyasa flow yoga class. This fluid, dynamic and invigorating form of yoga will leave you energised and glowing!
In the afternoon you’ll love the deeply calming and restorative yoga class. A mix of yin, hatha and restorative styles. You’ll float out of these classes feeling revitalised and relaxed.
You’ll also experience daily meditation sessions with beautifully guided visualisation meditations and yoga nidra (deep relaxation) to leave you feeling serene, centered and with a new perspective on meditation.
Yoga classes will be filled with accessible teachings and ideas to inspire you and help you reconnect with what’s important to you, feel good about yourself and love your life.
There will 10 classes over the week, with one day free for you to rest or take a longer day trip.
Classes will be taught by me – Shine Yoga founder Jen Austin, if we’ve not met you can read more about me here.
All the equipment you need is provided in our amazing private studio.
We are proud to have received so many wonderful testimonials for our retreats.You can read lots more of these on our facebook page here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely, lots of guests on every retreat arrive independently. You have the option to share a room with one other person or opt for your own room.
Everything you need for a wonderfully revitalising and stress free week is included
- 7 nights accommodation
- 10 yoga classes
- Brunch and Dinner
- Unlimited tea, coffee and herbal tea
- Yoga mats, blocks and blankets
- Towels in your ensuite bathroom
- Travel to the retreat.
- Travel insurance.
- One evening meal out at a local restaurant.
- Extra activities (bike hire, horseriding, kayaking etc)
One of the most rewarding and awesome things about yoga retreats is the amazing like minded people you will meet on the retreats. Everyone goes away with pages of their notebook full of books to read, films to watch, podcasts to listen to as well as new friends. The week is filled with laughter and conversation and fun and you’ll be amazed how quickly you make wonderfully supportive friendships.
Yes! We eat our meals together and people tend to group together to participate in activities, walk to town or just have a nice chat but everyone also has time to themselves to read, take a stroll through the grounds, meditate by the lake or nap in their room.
Yes it’s a scenic 30 minute walk to the town of Duras which has a large supermarket as well as cafes, restaurants and boutiques./accordion]
We have our own kitchen in the house which is open to everyone to use through out the day. There are tea and coffee making facilities and you can stock up on extra fruit/snacks in the local town to enjoy at your leisure during the day.
- Twin room (shared between 2) £750 per person
- Double room (shared between 2) £750 per person
- Private room (all to yourself) £995 per person
A deposit of £250 is required on booking. The balance for the yoga retreat France is due by 9th April 2016. Book as soon as you possibly can to ensure you get a place!
For each person that books on this retreat Shine Yoga will make a donation to the Against Malaria Foundation to provide 5 mosquito nets to help protect people against Malaria. Read more about how you will be helping to make a difference here.
Make Your Booking
It’s so easy to book. Just email me firstname.lastname@example.org with the room option you would like.You will be sent a link to our booking form and payment. Complete these and you’ll get confirmation of your booking. That’s it! You’re all set for an amazing week. You can start looking forward to it right away!
You’ll also get extra advice on what to pack, detailed directions and more suggestions on how to have the most incredible retreat. And you’ll be invited to join the special facebook event page where you can chat with other guests about what to pack, which flights you’re on and how excited you are!
Where is the retreat exactly?
The retreat is located in a rural hamlet, close to the medieval market town of Duras with it’s pavement cafe’s, bakeries, restaurants and bars. It is situated 70km east of Bordeaux and 35km south west of Bergerac, in the beautiful region of Lot-et-Garonne within the province of Aquitaine. Click here to see it on google maps.
You can arrive any time after 4pm on Saturday 4th. The first yoga class will be on the Sunday morning. The week will end on Saturday morning with breakfast before checkout at 10am.
By Air: Etres Aux Anges is a 35 minute drive from Bergerac International Airport and 1 hour 15 minutes from Bordeaux International Airport. Skyscanner is a great resource for locating the best flights for you.
By Rail: TGV Trains serve Bordeaux and Libourne. Paris is only 3 Hours away, whilst London St. Pancras via the Eurostar is only 6 hours 45 minutes.
Transfers: We are able to arrange transport to and from the airports of Bergerac and Bordeaux, as well as to the train stations of Marmande, Libourne, and Bordeaux. If you’d like to hire your own car this also really easy to organise.
You can spend the week resting and relaxing within the tranquil and extensive grounds of the chateau, enjoying the sunshine, the pool, practicing yoga and eating delicious, nourishing food.
But for even more active types there are however a multitude of fantastic activities in the region with which you could fill every free hour if you desired!
Cycling – Walking – Horse Riding – Parachute Jump – Hot Air Balloon Ride – Historical Sites – Wine Tasting – Golfing – Kayaking
The cost of activities are not included in the retreat package but we can advise on costs and help to organise any of the below.